Today I am interviewing the amazing editor and author Kris Emery about writing a book for your business.
Kris has recently launched her new book, Destination Author, which helps you to understand the process of writing and publishing your own book. It’s particularly focused on writing a non-fiction book, or a book that’s for your business.
In this episode, Kris and I have an amazing conversation about some of the risks, benefits and strategies to think about when it comes to writing a book for your business.
Kris also shares how you can grab a free sample chapter of the Destination Author book, which covers the common pitfalls of first-time authors. You can grab that chapter here: CLICK ME
Watch the interview below or listen on your favourite podcasting app.
And if you want a quick summary, I’ve even popped some key points below. ENJOY!!!
“There is no right way to write a book (even though there are a few wrong ways!). Your way is a valid way of getting to the finish line.”
– Kris Emery
In this episode, Kris and I discuss:
- How Kris supports people with businesses through her work
- Why a business owner would want to write and publish their own book
- The common challenges that people have when it comes to writing and publishing a book
- The common challenges that people have with the writing process in particular
- Understanding the ‘Why’ of writing a book
- Kris’s tips for how to actually get started for those in the early stages of wanting to write a book for their business
- How Kris’s book, Destination Author, can help people who are thinking about writing a book for their business
More about Kris’s free sample chapter:
Chapter one of the book outlines all of the pitfalls and BS beliefs that come in when you are an aspiring author just about to embark on this journey.
The chapter covers 9 ways we fall off the wagon when writing a book, as well as how some publishing-related businesses can take advantage of aspiring authors.
Get this chapter for free: CLICK ME
You can find out more about Kris at:
Make sure you come and share your questions, comments and lightbulb moments over in the Heart-Centred Soul-Driven Entrepreneurs community using #podcastaha and the episode number (302).
Until next time, I cannot WAIT to see you shine.